Maximizing certainty and minimizing risk.
The Public-Private Partnership (P3) delivery method maximizes certainty and minimizes risks for the client throughout the project's life-cycle. Costs, quality and scheduling can be guaranteed to the owner – beginning at the planning stage and extending throughout the operating life, potentially all the way to decommissioning decades down the road. Becoming a P3 partner means you, as client or owner, are gaining a risk manager for the entire life-cycle, including project financing.
The P3s are typically large, long-term projects, usually in the areas of social and horizontal infrastructure – freeway systems, groups of schools or large educational facilities, hospitals and wastewater treatment plants. P3s encompass planning, design, construction, commissioning and financing, and often operations and maintenance – the entire project life-cycle. P3 is the newest form of project delivery method and P3s are making inroads throughout North America.
As a P3 project client or owner, you need much more than just a contractor or builder that knows how to build big. You're looking for:
- A credible finance group that can be project concessionaire;
- Understanding of risk in all its dimensions throughout the project life cycle, and the ability to manage those risks;
- The ability to offer and meet cost certainty through all phases;
- Financial strength, a credible track record of
success in relevant projects, the willingness to be an owner of assets,
and the certainty of being around for the long haul; and
- The ability to work productively with partners, which stems from a sophisticated combination of expert people, the right attitude and leading processes, systems and technology.
These are steep requirements – and
Graham brings all these key attributes to the table. We have extensive
experience participating in and leading large, complex – and highly
successful – P3s.