Puts the most control in the client's hands.
Bid-build has traditionally been the most common construction project
delivery method. You self-plan and oversee design of the project, then
tender the approved design for construction, and select the winning
bidder – usually based on lowest price. After construction you
self-commission your facility or hire a specialist. Then you operate
the facility on your own or hire a property manager.
Graham has a long history of delivering great project solutions through bid-build. We help you succeed because:
- We're cost-effective, providing the best possible project at a competitive price;
- Our vast integrated database of known input costs allows us to be accurate in our pricing;
- We self-execute work, thanks to our integrated capabilities and equipment, which makes us more efficient;
- We have excellent relationships with subcontractors and other project partners, contributing to efficient project execution;
- We understand timelines and the interaction of
schedules among stakeholders, leading to the most efficient use of
- Our people are expert, experienced and effective at planning and executing construction projects of all sizes and types.
You'll find bid-build to be the most labour-intensive construction
project delivery method for you. Bid-build separates key phases of the project life-cycle – particularly design and construction – requiring you to self-manage
more phases, including handling multiple tenders, or hiring
consultants. For your project as a whole, there's no true cost
certainty until after commissioning.
At Graham, we do everything we can to optimize
outcomes under bid-build – such as by providing feedback on design
drawings that can help lower costs or deliver a better product. Still,
you may want to consider an alternative delivery model that can provide
greater cost certainty earlier in the process – such as construction management or design-build.